The Best 5 Live Music Bars in Singapore
Life in the Lion City is a colorful picture with a lot of “without-end” activities. Experiencing Singapore only by day, you just get half of this.
If you want to feel the night-breath of Singapore, going to pubs and clubs is a “must-do”. The Boat Quay and Clarke Quay areas are the centres of most of Singapore nightlife with a buzzing network of bars, nightclubs and restaurants overlooking the river. Besides them, you may be attracted in several classy waterfront venues around Mohammed Sultan Road, nearby Robertson Quay. In case you want to have more fined dining and drinking in a leafy hilltop setting, the Dempsey Road area is another suggestion. But other popular bars are also in other spots of Singapore.
Singapore offers some of live music bars where you can enjoy every genre of live music. Have a great time with the list of 5 best live music bars in Singapore as below.
THE JAZZ @SOUTHBRIDGE
- [email protected] (JSB) is the painted pastel blue vintage building standing vividly against the backdrop of Singapore’s modern. It is a part of the famous restaurant [email protected]
- Located at the end of Boat Quay, JSB is one of the best and authentic Jazz bars in Singapore, with plenty of world-class standards live performances of both local and international artists.
- Serious jazz aficionado can’t miss [email protected] with live performances changed nightly. JBS is a nice place for relaxing and gathering with your friends.
- JSB also caters to private parties, especially good for corporate functions
- Staff is attentive and polite.
82B Boat Quay, Singapore
Tel: (65) 6327 4671
Fax: (65) 63274672
CRAZY ELEPHANT BAR
- Crazy Elephant “Singapore’s Premiere Rock n’ Roll Blues Bar” is considered as one of Singapore’s best known bars for the true blues fan with their live Rock ‘n’ Roll and blues music.
- Crazy Elephant is the unique bar in Singapore, particularly in Clarke Quay district which is filled with many shiny new establishments because of its “rock authenticity” through its timber décor, graffiti –lined walls and raw stage.
- Crazy Elephant is the place where many famous rock, blues and pop legends have played their live performances. Among them, these celebrities such as Deep Purple, R.E.M, Robbie William and Ronan Keating have also graced their bar’s stage.
- Visitors can view the bar’s vibe- cheeky and merry from outside by its LCD TV screens. There are also many funny jokes on the screens.
- Crazy Elephant is the place to unwind yourself after a hard working-day and have some fun
- Jam Nights on Sunday nights is the time for anyone to climb on vibrant and colorful stage to play, show his stuff and have a blues rock jam session
- There is a casual dining area on the quayside terrace – called the Elephant Bar and Grill where you can take a break and have some meals as steak and hamburgers
- No service charge. If you like the service, you can tip the girls.
- Friendly staff and attentive waitresses
Crazy Elephant Bar
Clark Quay Trader’s Market
3E River Valley Road, Singapore
Tel: +65 6337 7859
WALA WALA CAFE BAR
- Wala Wala Café Bar is the lovely two-story bar ensconced on Lorong Mambong in the center of Holland Village, a chick version of Cheltenham of Singapore.
- Wala Wala Café Bar is a relaxing bar for drinking, dining and listening to live music. It is under same operation with Balaclava, KPO, Nassim Hill and 1128 by Imaginings Company.
- Downstairs is the yellow-lit open-bar where you can dine “alfresco”, drink, and watch Holland Village life unfolds before you under the stars at the terrace seating area of the bar. Moreover, you also catch your favorite sports channels on one of several flat-screen TVs. Food and drink here are really worth for money.
- The live music played by the best local musicians as well as comedy acts are hosted at the bar upstairs nearly every night.
Wala Wala Café Bar
31 Lorong Mambong,
Tel: + 65 6462 4288
Fax: +65 6462 1130
TIMBRE @ THE ARTS HOUSE
- Located on the quiet side of the Singapore River, Timbre is a restaurant cum bar offering frequent live acoustic music performances.
- Timbre at The Arts House is the place for you to enjoy good music, great food and a relaxing riverside ambience. It is one of the few places in Singapore to boast a line-up of well-known local bands, such as The Goodfellas, EIC, Pam & Fatt and the 53A.
- The live music performances are held on the outdoor stage with a view of the Singapore River and Boat Quay in the background. You will never be far away from the music whether you’re sitting a comfortable sofa in the restaurant or chilling outside as al fresco in their high chairs.
- The deputy managing director of Timbre is Mr. Danny Loong, who used to be the founder and bandleader of blues band Ublues together with Mr. Edward Chia, one of Asia’s best known blues bands. So he knows how to take Timbre’s music seriously. Any band who wants to perform on the stage of Timbre has to meet his high standards.
- Timbre at The Arts House is an apart of The Timbre Group. The Timbre Group has seven outlets now:
o Festival, artistes and concert promotion with Timbre Music
o Food catering services with Timbre Catering
o Bespoke cocktail bar with Klee at Portsdown Road
o Beer bar Malted Milk and Cafe Espressamente Illy (both at Studio M Hotel)
o Music-promoting arm with Timbre Music
o Music school with Timbre Music Academy
- Seating capacity is for 200 people.
Timbre at The Arts House
1 Old Parliament Lane
#01-04 The Arts House At Old Parliament
THE BOILER ROOM
- The Boiler room is located in the standing 70,000 square feet huge – St James Power Station
- St James Power Station is the largest all-in-one entertainment destination containing ten different and interconnected venues featuring a wide array of live entertainment and music styles for you to enjoy Singapore nightlife
- The Boiler Room here, as the name suggest is a boiling live music venue which will certainly make you and your friends let the hair down and unwind together with their entertainment values
- The Boiler Room can handle up to 400 people
- Ladies Night on every Wednesday at The Boiler Room when Ladies can get up to 5 free drinks from 11pm
The Boiler Room
St James Power Station
3 Sentosa, Gateway
Tel: (+65) 6270 7676
- Top Attractions in Singapore
- Islands of Singapore
- Activities in Singapore
- Uniquely Singapore
- Top-Rated in Singapore
- Singaporian Cuisine
- Singapore After Dark
- Eco-tourism in Singapore